Sunday 7 February 2016

The Tomb of Horrors - Complete 3d Build!

Ever since I started DMing and researching the D&D world I have wanted to run The Tomb of Horrors. My addiction with Hirst Molds ultimately meant I would need to build the dungeon in order to do that.

Here is that dungeon!

The majority of the build is made from Hirst Art molds.
The lava tile's are made from 4-Bot Industries molds.
Some of the dungeon dressings were made from Lady Sabelle Designs.
The Green Daemon Face was made and replicated by me.

The module can be purchased HERE.

WELCOME TO THE TOMB OF HORRORS

Disclaimer: This post contains spoilers. DO NOT PROCEED if you are planning on playing this dungeon. It's too much fun to spoil. 








































This post is organised by numeric references per the Tomb of Horrors booklet. I have not included a full picture of the dungeon yet. My players are still in the pillared throne room so I cannot post spoilers beyond where they are currently. I have not uploaded photos of rooms they have not found. I'm still hoping at least one of them dies ;)

1. FALSE ENTRANCE TUNNEL 1


2. FALSE ENTRANCE TUNNEL 2


3. ENTRANCE TO THE TOMB OF HORRORS



4. FRESCO OF THE WIZARDLY WORK ROOM and 7. THE FORSAKEN PRISON



5. THE ARCH OF MIST


6. THE FACE OF THE GREAT GREEN DEVIL


7. FOG OF WAR STILL ON
Yet to be found by the players

8. GARGOYLE LAIR


9. COMPLEX OF SECRET DOORS


10. GREAT HALL OF SPHERES and 10A. Magic Archway

11. FOG OF WAR STILL ON
Yet to be found by the players

12. FOG OF WAR STILL ON
Yet to be found by the players

13. FOG OF WAR STILL ON
Yet to be found by the players

14. CHAPEL OF EVIL
14A. Opalescent Blue Altar: 
14B. Archway of Glowing Orange





15. STONE GATE



16. LOCKED OAKEN DOOR


17. MAGICAL SECRET DOOR


18. FALSE CRYPT PROTECTED BY FEAR GAS


19. LABORATORY AND MUMMY PREPARATION ROOM



19A - The Large Vats


I provided actual jars for the players to stick their hands in :(
Acid was vinegar
Dirty Water was coffee

The third jar contained a very sludgy combination of Corn Flour and water. 




20. HUGE PIT FILLED WITH 200 SPIKES



21. THE AGITATED CHAMBER



23. FALSE/TRUE DOOR



24. ADAMANTITE DOOR


25. THE PILLARED THRONE ROOM


A. Devil Face



C. Charred Remains



D. Ebony Dais and Silver Throne




26. SMALL ROOM WITH A DOOR OF ELECTRIC BLUE



27. THE PORTAL OF SCINTILLATING VIOLET





A. The Chamber of Hopelessness



4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. My group has only gotten as far as the fear gas, we only get the chance to play every few months. The level of detail you put into all of this is absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      That's actually an area I want to make some changes to. I didn't put enough stairs in and forgot about the fear gas when the PC's got there. It therefore became a mechanic when the room itself started to collapse stopping anyone who failed a check from fleeing the collapsing room into the corridor with the fear gas. Not how it was meant to be played but memorable for the players haha.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this. We're playing this campaign over Discord, and I was struggling with providing them a proper visual for the rooms. This helped tremendously. We love your build!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I found this! A true labor of love! Thanks for sharing your work!!!

    ReplyDelete