Saturday 26 November 2016

Realm Works and Hero Lab - Managing Massive Encounters

We had a massive session last night that led me to thinking about the benefits that Realm Works and Hero Lab bring to the management of large combat encounters.

We ended up with 80+ enemies fighting 7 players and 11 NPCs.

I had a co-dm who played the commander of the enemies. He decided what they were doing and when they were doing it. He rolled all the dice. I determined the results of those dice and directed the encounter, managed the HP pools and initiative.

It was exhausting, not going to lie. We played for 6 hours and only did about 5 rounds all up.

In the video below I show how I prepared the encounter files in Realm Works and managed the bulk initiative and handling of HP pools for all the enemies.


No comments:

Post a Comment